2/8/10

Levee House






3 comments:

  1. JB...this looks great! Do you see this evolving in many or as a site specific individual dwelling? Do you see these popping up on walls all over NOLA...like wall guards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SI,
    Thank you. This house was very much designed as a lone single house. In a way, this is my house, as I would have it if I could claim some of that wall. That said, I do feel this invites others to do the same. This would not be a prototype at all, but rather, almost in a medevil sort of way just what happens when you can build into or on the infrastructure. That is the reason that they buttress the wall. Partly out of a lack of trust and very much as a way to take the responsibilty on as a part of building there. So, as others continued to build the wall would indeed grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JB, I appreciate the parallels that have been drawn between the design/location of a 'house' and the social/political/environmental malaise that strangles the city. Its a social commentary on the situation that i think reads very strongly. I would wonder, as maybe SI was and alluding to, what a series of these along the wall(s) would look like, and still ultimately mean. An answer to that may only truly be available by continuuing.
    Beautiful proposal and all in a couple days!

    ReplyDelete